Monday, April 6, 2009

Zombie Prom, Data Dog, Kyle's recital

Been a few days.

Friday
Zombie Prom was great. It was a litttle rough on my sanity at times, but I never have to work sound for it again.
Donner Party Picnic plays their first show of the weekend. Probably my favorite act at Zombie Prom, but Skeleton Breath was pretty badass as well.
The 999 Eyes Freak Show did their thing.

999 EYES FREAKSHOW PROMO from laurent martin on Vimeo.

Saturday
Data Dog album release. This is so awesome, go to their site and buy it. 13 tracks of awesome. http://datadogmusic.com/
Twin Sister played a really great set. This band plays really nice music. I have their four song, you should get that at a show if you can.
Donner Party Picnic plays their second show.

Sunday
Kyle Pollard's junior recital. Studio Comp recital = throw an awesome show.
Kyle started playing solo on an acoustic guitar. Then he broke a string and distortefied the firebird. Good seqway
I played a solo set with the guitar and the effects and it was really fun. I like playing my acoustic songs with more texture. I should start playing like this with a band. Elemeno is awesome.
Now that is on the internet and I will self plug myself into fame.
Donner Party Picnic plays their third show.
We Are Not Bears played last. This is Kyles band, ex-koala, no audio on line to be found. They are finishing up their EP/demo right now. I like these guys. It's James and Will from Disaster Piece playing bass and drums. Kyle guitar/vocals.
When they put sopmething up, I'll let you know.

After all that, I hit the studio with Dan Stringer to start on the acoustic ep. We finished acoustic guitar and vox for the song Home. Check out the demo version on myspace
Tonight is cello, female vocals and percussion. Electric guitar is coming.

No comments: