Thursday, April 2, 2009

Open Mic is the best ever.

So tonight I was supposed to do sound for open mic. I did, but the open mic at the stood usually sucks recently (for no reasons I am willing to make enemies over)
Either way, I decided after last night that open mic in the stood should be about bands rather than poetry or solo singer song-writers.
Disaster Piece or Distaster played, depending on what our final name is (despite the fact that I haven't brought up Distaster yet, maybe it's only me that thinks Distaster is a sweet name for a band about how fucked up humans as a race are)
Then there was a single poet reciting a monologue about a character he invented.
Finally Weird Korea played which is a band with Matt Palmer and Nick Corbo (My Son Cool/Weird Korea)
Weird Korea played almost an entire set tonight thanks to the 3 performing entities total. It was great. Usually I hear them practicing single songs for a day or so constantly, but apparently it works because they have plenty of songs to play a set with currently.

I am torn, to play battle of the bands, which I will lose to a very ill funk band, or play an outdoor show in a parking lot for pratt kids.

Art school girls are super cute.
Purchase has some artsy women as well.
My decision is variable, but mostly solid,
Invite me to re-determine what I hold dear
Make me feel uncomfortable

Here's some Disaster Piece/Distaster audio of our song Germs -

Disaster Piece/Distaster - Germs
Naturally, I haven't talked to the guy that started the band about the name modification

No comments: