Saturday, April 4, 2009

Recently, my ears are happy

It might be cool for me to tell you what I'm digging on right now. Maybe it will be a weekly/bi-weekly/once sort of thing.
You dig?

Just found this 5 minutes ago but it's killer

Drawing Trees
It reminds me a little of Data Dog and Pele at the same time. It's very cool, the debutt album "Grocery Store" comes out at the end of April.

This Town Needs Guns
Damiera & Anathallo lovechild. It has the easy to swallow characteristics of hopeful music, but it still sounds honest and is not strapped down to a single grid. Flowy music. I first heard their newest album Animals and upon inspecting their earlier material, I'm really happy.
The guitar work is nuts, the arrangements are comfortable. The vocals have me at odds. It has a lot of Anthony Green flavor. Suits the music well.

Curtis Mayfield - awesome. The soundtrack to walking like a total badass.



Algernon Cadwallader
Probably my favorite band right now. I get really stoked on life listening to this. I should get them to play at Purchase next year.


Tell me that wouldn't be an awesome basement to be in.

1 comment:

Charlie Phillips said...

yes curtis mayfield. yes.