Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Absolutely



A new song I wrote last night. I had to add the video effects because it sounded better with some reverb, but was really disconcerting to look at that way.

Outside the frame of sight, who can
See what's in the frame of mind, instinct
Here we are, aligned and close enough to bread and butter
The fat I've sucked has left me too slick for a lover
Hugged around my throat
A necklace made of fabric, beads and metal things
A token of my open heart, with all my blood and feelings
Pouring out, there will be rain
There will be drought

All my friends and enemies want to
Be rid of me, don't you
think that we should spend some time before we spend some time together
get to know each other better
I know I do, maybe I'm a fool
Depreciating every second leaves me neck deep
in a pool of insulation
all my flaws are bricks in walls
The doorway keystones are the baddest of them all

Back to where I have been, changed since
We were last in bed it seems living
Paved the way for calmer days, or maybe just less tension to break

I will take you in
To paint my favorite parts
When you're not in season anymore

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I like this. a lot.