Thursday, March 5, 2009

More updates about what I am and am not doing

Hey everybody,
lots of cool stuff has been going on lately. Last night I started the psych night at purchase. Its a live, free improv and performance where a group plays one or two original noise/psych/drone/whatever pieces and then whoever is in the room is free to join in as their band for a song. It allows both the audience to play with the performers and the performers to have a large ensemble at their disposal for about ten minutes. Then the next group starts.

I think there will be at least one more of these this year, then next year I'll try to host this as a monthly event called Bhang Day

Last night Images and Colour Buk played, and we ended with an elaboration on a sitar practice routine. I had a great time processing the sitar through a contact mic and my pedal board.
I think the guys from Colour Buk recorded the entire performance on a macbook, so when I get my hands on that, I'll post it here.

Also, Elemeno Recently performed with a bunch of great new musicians on some new, long winded, skeletons of songs.
We had myself on vocals, guitar and processing,
Weston Minissali - vox, synth
zach desorbo - signal processing and loops
matt Gaffney - drum kit
Cameron Wisch - jungle kit
Booker Stardrum - metal kit
Eric Drasin - video projection
Andrew Brown - bass

It was sweet and there are videos on my youtube channel of all four songs we played - this one is my favorite.


Also - Nirvana cover band? Sam Weissman (drums) Andrew Brown (bass) Brett Slater (vocals) and myself will be playing Dive, Sliver, Lithium, Aneurysm, Drain You and In Bloom on friday night at the Stood.

No comments: